top of page


The Spousal/Common-Law Partner Sponsorship


If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada. Both the Canadian citizen or permanent resident (also called the 'sponsor') and the foreign national (the 'sponsored person') must be approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order for the sponsored person to receive a visa.

Spouse/Common-Law Sponsorship Services

  • Detailed eligibility assessment of the Canadian sponsor

  • Assessment of your relationship to ensure it will pass the relationship test and in case of common-Law Relationship, ensuring the relationship meets the statutory definition of a common-law partnership

  • Admissibility assessment for the foreign national

  • Personalized Document Checklist

  • A detailed assessment of your application forms and supporting documentation

  • Completion of all legal forms and statutory declarations

  • Detailed legal submissions including case law, statute and policy guidance

  • Tracking the status of your application and liaising with IRCC until a decision has been made

  • Advice regarding post-landing procedures and residency obligation

The Parents and Grandparents Program


Canadian citizens and permanent residents are able to sponsor their parents and grandparents to immigrate to Canada. The Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) exists to reunite families in Canada. Your parents and grandparents can enjoy the full benefits of Canadian permanent residence including being able to work in Canada, obtain health care, get full protection under Canadian law and apply to become a Canadian citizen once they meet the eligibility criteria. Applicants to the PGP will have to prove that they meet the minimum income requirements by submitting notices of assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) in support of their application.

bottom of page